With Mothers day this weekend I was thinking about my menu, as well as decorations. It also happens to be my mother in laws birthday so we are going to take her to the Pirates Exhibit at the St. Louis Science Center.
Then we are having dinner here! I thought that I would make up some of these cute wall flowers!
Here is the tutorial on how to make these super cute and colorful decorations!
So now I have the place, decorations and now for the food, I am planning something easy, make ahead and yummy
Country Rib Sandwiches
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 pounds boneless country-style pork ribs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- Place onion in a 3-qt. slow cooker; top with ribs. Combine the ketchup, plum sauce, chili sauce, brown sugar, celery seed, garlic powder, Liquid Smoke if desired and allspice; pour over ribs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or until meat is tender. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Cover and cook 15 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve on rolls. Yield: 8 servings.
Brownie Toffee Triffle
- 1 package fudge brownie mix (13-in. x 9-in. pan size)
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1-3/4 cups cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 package (11 ounces) vanilla or white baking chips
- 3 Heath candy bars (1.55 ounces each), chopped
- Prepare and bake brownies according to package directions. Cool; cut into 3/4-in. cubes.
- Dissolve coffee granules in warm water. In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Beat in coffee mixture. Fold in whipped topping.
- In a 3-qt. trifle glass or bowl, layer with half of the brownie cubes, pudding, vanilla chips and candy bars. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
My favorite meal is the one you can fix it and forget it!
Happy Mother’s Day!