Who doesn’t love warm oatmeal on a cold winters day? My kids sure do (and so do I). So instead of buying bulk oatmeal, I found this oatmeal mix that tastes JUST LIKE Maple and Brown sugar. It’s so good that I usually triple the recipe!
Oatmeal Spice Mix Recipe
- 1/2 cup powdered nondairy creamer
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 2/3 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup boiling water
- Brown sugar, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 batches (about 1 cup total).
- To prepare oatmeal: In a bowl, combine oats and 2 tablespoons oatmeal spice mix. Add enough boiling water until oatmeal is desired consistency. Sprinkle with brown sugar if desired. Yield: 1 serving.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 290 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein.